What is the Aries Ingress?
The Aries Ingress is when the Sun moves into the sign of Aries. In the tropical zodiac, the Aries Ingress is synced to the Spring Equinox in the Northern hemisphere and the Autumn Equinox in the Southern Hemisphere.
At the equinox, there are equal amounts of light and dark in a day. From that day forward though, in the Northern Hemisphere, the amount of light will increase, with the light overcoming the dark. In the Southern Hemisphere, it is a case that the amount of daylight starts to decrease.
The Aries Ingress Chart and Mundane Astrology
For centuries the Aries Ingress Chart has been used in Mundane Astrology. Mundane Astrology concerns a large group of people, such as a country, including its ruler/s, rather than a horoscope for an individual.
By looking at the time that the Sun ingresses into the sign of Aries, set for the location of the capital city of a country, we can use the position of the planets and which houses of the chart that they are in to tell us what might be ahead for that particular country.
Looking ahead for 3, 6, or 12 months
The sign on the cusp of the Ascendant of the Aries Ingress for a particular country will determine how long the conditions in that particular chart will last.
If the sign on the Ascendant is a fixed sign (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, or Aquarius), then the details of the chart are good for forecasting for the next 12 month period.
If the sign on the Ascendant is a mutable sign (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, or Pisces), then the details of the chart are good for forecasting for the next 6 month period only.
If the sign on the Ascendant is a cardinal sign (Aries, Cancer, Libra, or Capricorn), then the details of the chart are good for forecasting for the next 3 months period only.
The sign on the Ascendant is dependent on where the Sun comes up over the horizon at a particular time, date, and place. The zodiacal degree on an ascendant moves quickly, moving forward about a degree every 4 minutes. Because of this, most countries will have different Ascendant degrees, although some countries that are very close may share the same Ascendant sign.
Much of the information I have used has come from “The Annotated Raphael’s Mundane Astrology” by Anthony Louis.
Video of the 2023 Aries Ingress for Australia
I joined Danielle from Queen of Hearts Astrology to discuss the 2023 Aries Ingress Charts for Australia.
The Houses in the Aries Ingress Chart
With natal charts, each house represents different areas or people in the subjects life. With Mundane Astrology, the houses have slightly different meanings.
The 1st House
The 1st house in Mundane Astrology represents:
- The people of the country as well as their general health.
- The condition of the country itself, whether it is wealthy or undergoing trying conditions
- Domestic affairs of the country.
The 2nd house
The 2nd house in Mundane Astrology represents:
- The finances of the country.
- The Gross National Product (GNP).
- The Stock Market.
- Commercial Affairs
The 3rd House
The 3rd house in Mundane Astrology represents:
- Information Technology
- Postal matters.
- The media and writers
- Neighboring nations
The 4th House
The 4th house in Mundane Astrology represents:
- The weather/climate
- Farms, crops and agriculture
- Mines and natural resources
- Public buildings
- Real estate matters
- National traditions
- Patriotic movements
- The party in opposition to the government
The 5th House
The 5th house in Mundane Astrology represents:
- Theaters, and other places of amusement
- Gambling and casinos
- The arts and drama
- National birth rate
- Parks and public places of recreation
- Stock exchange speculation
- Diplomats and ambassadors
The 6th House
The 6th house in Mundane Astrology represents:
- Medicine and health care workers.
- Public health and sickness. Disease outbreaks and epidemics.
- The military, including the Army and Navy and the National Guard.
- The police and public servants.
- The working people and wages.
- Unions and strikes.
- The unemployment rate.
The 7th House
The 7th house in Mundane Astrology represents:
- Foreign affairs and international disputes.
- Alliances with other nations and treaties.
- Wars and truces.
- Public relations.
- The marriage and divorce rates.
- Foreign trade and investment.
The 8th House
The 8th house in Mundane Astrology represents:
- Mortality and death rates.
- The national debt.
- Tax collection.
- Interest rates.
- Trade centers.
- Assassinations and national mourning. State funerals.
- Social security.
- National or man-made disasters.
- Resources of adversarial countries.
The 9th House
The 9th house in Mundane Astrology represents:
- The law courts, judges and the justice system. International law. Morality.
- Religious institutions and the clergy. Cults.
- Universities, science, higher education, inventions.
- Publishing and broadcasting.
- Wireless and international communications.
- Shipping, sea and air traffic.
- Foreigners and foreign relations.
The 10th House
The 10th house in Mundane Astrology represents:
- The King/Queen,or ruler. Royalty. The nobility.
- The head of state, President, or Prime Minister. The political party in power.
- Administration of the government and their actions.
- The ruling classes.
- National honor and reputation.
The 11th House
The 11th house in Mundane Astrology represents:
- The parliament. House of commons, legislative branch, cabinet, counsel or group of advisors for the government.
- Resources of the ruling political party.
- Local governments.
- Allies of the nation.
- Hopes and dreams of the nation.
The 12th House
The 12th house in Mundane Astrology represents:
- Prisons and reformatories.
- Hospitals, mental health facilities, asylums.
- Crime, criminals, murder.
- Spies and secret enemies. Covert actions. Secret societies. Conspiracies.
The planets in the Aries Ingress Chart
In Mundane Astrology, the Sun represents:
- The King or Queen
- Heads of state, leaders
- The government
- Magistrates and Judges
- All persons of authority
- Pomp and ceremony
- Honors and national heroes
In Mundane Astrology, the Moon represents:
- The common people, crowds.
- Women in general.
- Families, children and childcare.
- Matters of a public nature
- Democracy as opposed to the Aristocracy
- Occupations associated with the sea or water
- Land and crops
In Mundane Astrology, Mercury represents:
- Trade and commerce.
- Newspapers and publishers. TV and radio.
- Political meetings and debates.
- Writers, intellectuals, speakers.
- Education, science, teachers. students, libraries. and students.
- Young people.
- Clerks and clerical work.
- The post office.
- Railways and other means of transport.
In Mundane Astrology, Venus represents:
- Women and girls.
- Children and the birth rate.
- Artists and musicians. Fashion.
- Places of culture and amusement.
- Public festivals and holidays.
In Mundane Astrology, Mars represents:
- Soldiers, sailors and notable military or naval officers.
- Iron workers, engineers and police.
- Violent crime and dangerous and violent events.
- Rebels and agitators.
- Fire and incendiary devices.
- Infectious diseases, fevers, epidemics.
In Mundane Astrology, Jupiter represents:
- The nobility.
- Religion, churches and the clergy.
- The law, judges, magistrates and lawyers.
- Bankers and merchants.
- Public ceremonies.
- Prosperity and increase.
In Mundane Astrology, Saturn represents:
- The elderly.
- Landowners. The land and occupations connected with it.
- Quarries and resources from the earth.
- State Officials and employees.
- Law and order, impartiality.
In Mundane Astrology, Uranus represents:
- Civic bodies. Societies and associations.
- Occultists and astrologers. Those with unusual occupations.
- Explorations and inventors.
- Aerial navigation and scientific discoveries.
- Gas and water companies. Electricity.
- Strikes, rebellion, riots and anarchy.
In Mundane Astrology, Neptune represents:
- Democratic political movements.
- Popular uprisings and discontent.
- Plots, frauds, deception, dishonesty and swindling. Chaos.
- All illicit dealings.
- Bogus companies.
- Degrading forms of vice. Drunkenness. Wickedness. Scandal.
- Utopian ideals.
- Hospitals and charities.
- Fickleness of public opinion.
In Mundane Astrology, Pluto represents:
- Control over the masses.
- Regeneration, rebirth, and metamorphosis. Transformation.
- Extreme force and violence. Abuse, rape, murder, mass murder.
- Fanaticism, extremism, and terrorism.
- Decay. Waste disposal
- Sweeping changes.
- Hidden matters being revealed.
- Covert activities.
- The underworld. Organized crime.
- Great wealth.
- Atomic power.